Paul Raby, Group Human Resources Director at Balfour Beatty, discusses the untapped potential of ex-military personnel
29 June 2017
Paul Raby, Group Human Resources Director at Balfour Beatty, is featured in Infrastructure Intelligence discussing the importance of ex-military personnel to the construction sector.
This largely untapped talent source possesses a skill set which is ideally suited to the industry, having operated in testing environments and developing a range of essential skills required within construction.
Balfour Beatty is committed to supporting ex-military employees through its Armed Forces Forum, and has endeavoured to support the current and future military community through its signatory of the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant.
Find out more about the opportunities available to ex-military personnel and hear more from Paul Raby here.
Media enquiries to:
t: +44 (0) 207 963 2150
For all non-media related enquiries please contact +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
• Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 30,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
• Our main geographies are the UK, US and South East Asia. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
• Balfour Beatty offers a wide variety of opportunities within its Apprenticeship Scheme ranging from intermediate, to advanced, to higher level qualifications. These are suitable for schools leavers and post-A-level students who want to learn and earn on a structured training scheme and gain a nationally recognised qualification. Balfour Beatty Apprentices have the opportunity to continue their studies to gain a Foundation or Honours Degree. Balfour Beatty employs over 300 apprentices across the UK and recruits around 150 additional apprentices each year. For further information and to apply for the Balfour Beatty Apprenticeship Scheme visit our careers page.
• Balfour Beatty is a member of ‘The 5% Club’, a UK employer-led initiative focused on creating momentum behind the recruitment of apprentices and graduates into the workforce. Chief Executive Leo Quinn was the founding member of The 5% Club. Balfour Beatty joined in December 2013, the first company in the infrastructure industry to join.
• The 5% Club works with UK employers and key influencers to inspire, educate and retain a growing body of people into “earn and learn” placements in order to increase the number of apprentices, sponsored students and graduates. The goal of The 5% Club is to increase the employment and career prospects of today’s youth and equip the UK with the skilled workforce it needs to safeguard Britain’s economy.