Balfour Beatty publishes 2019 Gender Pay Report
19 March 2020
Balfour Beatty has today published its 2019 Gender Pay Report.
The statutory report, an annual publication for employers with 250 or more employees, focusses on an analysis of the difference between the average hourly earnings of men and women across all roles, and the percentage of men and women across the business.
In 2019, Balfour Beatty improved in two key gender pay gap metrics including gender pay gap and gender bonus gap. The mean and median gender pay gap has decreased by 3% and 4% respectively whilst the mean and median gender bonus gap closed by 5% and 9%.
In line with Balfour Beatty’s commitment to gender equality, the company runs a number of programmes designed to embed diversity and inclusion throughout the business. These include a Reverse Mentoring programme for all UK Executive Committee members which helps senior leaders understand the perspectives and experiences of those in under-represented groups. Additionally, Balfour Beatty’s “Empower” training supports women to develop their careers through unique learning opportunities which explore personal career goals and ways to overcome barriers to success.
The full report is available to read here.
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)207 963 2150
www.balfourbeatty.com | follow us @balfourbeatty
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 26,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK, US and Hong Kong. Over the last 110 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty is committed to creating an environment where all our employees can be themselves at work and perform at their best. With a number of major infrastructure projects in the pipeline, Balfour Beatty aims to meet current and future skills demand by attracting and retaining the best available talent and is committed to removing the barriers to minority groups across the industry to widen the talent pool.
- Leo Quinn, Balfour Beatty’s Group Chief Executive, is the board level sponsor for Diversity and Inclusion. Leo has established a Steering Committee to govern strategic diversity and inclusion activities and track progress against the three-year plan
- Balfour Beatty’s three-year UK D&I action plan focuses on Communication, Culture, Creating Opportunities, Communities/Supply Chain and Governance and has been cascaded into local business plans with bespoke targets, helping to build a strong culture of fairness, inclusion and respect across the organisation. Balfour Beatty also sit on the CITB Fairness, Inclusion and Respect Steering Committee.
- Balfour Beatty is committed to equal opportunity having launched its employee led Affinity Networks in 2016. The four networks – LGBT+, Multi-Cultural, Ability and Gender Equality provide a platform for underrepresented employee groups to bring their unique perspective to the development of Balfour Beatty’s working culture and create a fair and inclusive workplace. As an employer of choice, Balfour Beatty recruits regardless of gender, ethnicity and social background to ensure it reflects the society in which it operates.
- Balfour Beatty has recently been recognised by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association Inspiring Change Awards for its initiatives to promote a diverse and inclusive culture in the workplace.
- Balfour Beatty aims to provide employees with a safe, rewarding and inspiring place to work and develop their careers. In December 2019, Balfour Beatty secured the top spot in the Heavy Construction category in the 2019 awards for Britain’s Most Admired Companies; the longest running annual survey of corporate reputation in the UK.