Balfour Beatty Communities named 2022 Motili Carbon Reduction Champion
27 April 2023
Balfour Beatty Communities, a national residential real estate investment and management company, today announced it has been named a 2022 Motili Carbon Reduction Champion for reducing its emissions through Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) upgrades in more than 800 housing units across its military housing portfolio during 2022.
In 2020, Balfour Beatty Communities contracted with Motili to provide routine HVAC maintenance, repair, and replacement work across the company’s military housing portfolio. The operational efficiencies of HVAC replacements can potentially reduce energy use by almost 25%, significantly cutting the carbon emissions from each unit.
The HVAC replacements completed by Balfour Beatty Communities in 2022 resulted in a total carbon emission reduction that equates to the weight of approximately 3,816 gorillas or 24,562 gallons of gas.
Chuck Parker, Senior Vice President, Military Housing Management at Balfour Beatty Communities said: “Sustainability is a core value for Balfour Beatty Communities, driving our efforts to reduce CO2 emissions in our communities and increase energy savings.
“We are honoured to be recognised for our efforts in this area and look forward to continuing our collaboration with Motili.”
Matthew Sallee, Vice President National Accounts, Motili said: “For the third year in a row, we are naming Balfour Beatty as a Carbon Reduction Champion. We are proud of their commitment to sustainability and the continued reduction of their HVAC-generated carbon footprint.”
Carbon emissions at residential, commercial and multi-family housing complexes across the country account for 12% of the total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions. Tackling HVAC CO2 emissions is of primary importance to manufacturers as they continue to innovate toward achieving HVAC solutions with net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with over 25,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 114 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world. Currently, we are working to deliver Hinkley Point C, the first UK nuclear power station in a generation; constructing the world-class arts and cultural facility, the Lyric Theatre, in Hong Kong; and designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining the Automated People Mover superstructure at the fifth busiest airport in the world, Los Angeles International Airport.
About Balfour Beatty Communities:
- Balfour Beatty Communities is an active owner and operator of residential real estate in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors across the United States. Since its inception in 1999, Balfour Beatty Communities has invested in nearly 100 properties representing more than $7.9 billion of gross asset value. Our broad in-house expertise includes decades of acquisition, development, finance, renovation, leasing and property/facility management experience. Leveraging this extensive expertise and a customer service-focused approach, Balfour Beatty Communities seeks to create value in its real estate projects while delivering exceptional living experiences. For more information, visit balfourbeattycommunities.com.
- Balfour Beatty Communities is a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty Investments, Inc. and Balfour Beatty plc, a leading international infrastructure group.
- Motili offers scalable turnkey HVAC technology, products, and solutions for residential and commercial properties large and small, across the United States. With a network of 2,000+ contractors, and 1,000+ distribution centres, Motili has your properties covered no matter where they are. Choose Motili for your reactive and proactive HVAC projects. Visit: http://www.motili.com to learn more.