Balfour Beatty appoints new Managing Director to lead its regional construction business in the South of England
04 February 2020
Balfour Beatty today announces the appointment of Beth West as Managing Director of its regional construction business in the South of England.
Beth joins Balfour Beatty from Landsec, a commercial property development company, where she was Head of Development for their London portfolio responsible for all aspects of business expansion from the feasibility stages through to construction. Previously, Beth has held a number of significant industry leadership positions including Commercial Director at HS2, Head of Commercial Procurement for the London Underground and Commercial Director at Tube Lines.
As a fellow of the Institute of Civil Engineers and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Beth has a deep knowledge of the UK infrastructure market, having helped to deliver many of the UK’s major infrastructure programmes such as Thames Tideway, HS2 and the upgrade of London Underground whilst at Transport for London.
Dean Banks, Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business, said: “I am delighted to welcome Beth to the Balfour Beatty team.
“Beth’s extensive experience in overseeing major infrastructure projects, combined with her innovative forward thinking, will help drive the Southern business whilst engaging our people to deliver schemes which will leave a positive lasting legacy in the region.”
Beth West, Balfour Beatty's Regional Managing Director of its construction business in the South, said: “As a market leading company, it is an honour to join Balfour Beatty. I look forward to strengthening our customer relationships in the South whilst delivering safe, quality projects for our customers.”
Balfour Beatty has been operating in the South for over a century, providing the company with its first commission in 1909 to operate the tramway network in Kent and Bedfordshire and having most recently secured the £43 million contract to deliver the second phase of Bristol’s Wapping Wharf regeneration project.
Image: Beth West, Balfour Beatty's Regional Managing Director of its construction business in the South
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)207 963 2150
www.balfourbeatty.com | follow us @balfourbeatty
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 26,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK, US and Hong Kong. Over the last 110 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has been operating in the South for over a century, providing the company with its first commission in 1909 to operate the tramway network in Kent and Bedfordshire.
- Significant projects in the company’s current portfolio in the South include the £170 million baggage screening and handling systems upgrade for Heathrow Airport, the £120 million major highways project for Wokingham Borough Council, the £250 million Thames Estuary Asset Management Programme, and the £43 million Bristol Wapping Wharf regeneration project.
- Recently completed projects include the £54 million Audley Coopers Hill development in Englefield Green, the £20 million Utility Clearance Works at Eastwick and Sweetwater and the £20 million LV Infrastructure Project at Terminal 4 for Heathrow Airport Limited.