Balfour Beatty appoints Managing Director to lead its UK Construction Regional Civils business unit
21 September 2022
Balfour Beatty today announces the appointment of Peter Mumford as Managing Director of its UK Construction Regional Civils business unit in England and Wales, responsible for providing strategic leadership to the business’ portfolio of regional civil engineering projects across England and Wales.
Peter joins Balfour Beatty from National Highways where he was Executive Director of Major Projects and Capital Portfolio Management, leading the delivery of the UK Government’s £27 billion Road Investment Strategy as well as providing leadership across key strategic areas such as net zero carbon, biodiversity net gain, social value and diversity and inclusion.
Prior to that, Peter has held a number of significant industry leadership positions including Vice President at the global consultancy HKA and Senior Director at the multinational engineering firm, AECOM.
Mark Bullock, Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business, said: “Our UK Construction Services business has a long-standing history in the successful delivery of civil engineering projects across the UK, having most recently completed the East Leeds Orbital Route – one of the largest road projects in Leeds for almost 50 years.
“I am confident that Peter’s extensive experience in overseeing major infrastructure schemes and deep domain knowledge will further strengthen our offering as we work to capitalise on the strong and growing infrastructure market in the UK.”
Peter Mumford, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s Regional Civils business unit, said: “With a wealth of civil engineering projects on the horizon, it is a particularly exciting time to be joining Balfour Beatty.
“I am looking forward to working with our long standing clients alongside our own team of experts to safely and successfully deliver projects across England and Wales; both those of national significance and at the heart of local communities.”
Underpinned by three distinct business units – Regional Civils, Regional Buildings and Regional Scotland - Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business works closely and collaboratively with its customers to leave a lasting, positive legacy for local communities. The Regional Civils business unit delivers essential infrastructure such as transportation and flood defences.
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)203 810 2345
www.balfourbeatty.com | follow us @balfourbeatty
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (com) is a leading international infrastructure group with 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 113 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business delivers efficient and sustainable projects at the heart of local communities as well as those of national significance. We work closely and collaboratively with our customers to always leave behind a positive, lasting legacy and deliver benefit for the communities in which we operate.
- Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business is underpinned by three distinct business units and three leading experts in their disciplines: Regional Civils, Regional Buildings and Regional Scotland.
- Our Regional Civils business unit focuses on providing essential infrastructure such as transportation and flood defences whilst our Regional Buildings business unit focuses on the construction of integral buildings including hospitals and schools.
- Balfour Beatty’s Regional business in Scotland, has been operating across the country for a decade, delivering projects across a wide range of sectors including healthcare and education as well as community regeneration schemes.