Balfour Beatty appointed to the North West Construction Hub framework
04 January 2019
Balfour Beatty today announces that it has been appointed to Lots 2 and 3 of the North West Construction Hub (NWCH) High Value framework. Lot 2 of the framework covers schemes valued between £15 million and £35 million while Lot 3 covers schemes of over £35 million.
The framework will run for a period of three years from January 2019, with an option to extend for a further year.
The framework, which aims to improve efficiencies, will see contractors deliver construction projects in markets including education, health, retail and leisure is available to public sector bodies in the North West of England covering Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire and Cumbria. The framework allows public sector clients to commission works through a procurement process that provides a quick and efficient route to market through a rigorous pre-qualification process.
As part of its commitment to reducing onsite construction by 25% by 2025, Balfour Beatty will utilise off-site manufacturing techniques across projects in both Lots to increase efficiencies and enhance safe ways of working.
Thomas Edgcumbe, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s Regional North and Midlands business, said: “Our deep regional knowledge combined with our sustainable, innovative delivery approach will support us in strengthening communities and building for the future.
“Having recently been appointed to a number of key civil engineering frameworks in the region along with the NWCH High Value framework, we are expertly positioned to support the delivery of the North West of England’s current and future building and infrastructure requirements.”
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)207 963 2150
www.balfourbeatty.com | follow us @balfourbeatty
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK & Ireland, US and Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty has a long and proud history working in the North and Midlands, delivering innovative infrastructure and build projects and supporting growth across the region. The company has proven expertise across multiple sectors including highways, education, flood & coastal defence, and of working with local authorities through the Scape National Civil Engineering and Infrastructure framework along with other regional and national frameworks.
- Our portfolio of current projects includes the delivery of two contracts for HS2 worth a combined total of c.£2.5billion, The University of Manchester’s £287m Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD), representing one of the largest capital developments ever undertaken by a UK higher education institution and the £10 million early works contract for the Midlands Metropolitan Hospital on behalf of Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Completed projects include the £50m ‘Diamond’ building at the University of Sheffield, the £14m mechanical and electrical services for the new National Graphene Institute at the University of Manchester and a £22.5m new teaching and lecture space at Sheffield Hallam University. Balfour Beatty has also recently completed the £27m Anchorsholme and £63 million Rossall coastal defence scheme on behalf of Blackpool Council and Wyre Council, and the Gateshead District Energy Centre, one of the North East region’s first energy centres, which will generate and supply heat and power for homes, businesses and public buildings across Gateshead Town Centre.