What are your registrars' contact details?

Link Group
10th Floor
Central Square
29 Wellington Street

Telephone: 0371 664 0524. Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom are charged at the applicable international rate. Lines are open between 09:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.

Alternatively, you can email:

Who should I contact regarding my shareholding?

All administrative enquiries relating to shareholdings and requests to receive corporate documents by email should, in the first instance, be directed to Link Group.

Clearly state the shareholder's registered address and, if available, the full shareholder reference number.

Our Registrars can help you to:

  • Check your shareholding
  • Register a change of address or name
  • Obtain a replacement dividend cheque or tax voucher
  • Record the death of a shareholder
  • Amalgamate multiple accounts
  • Resolve any other question about your shareholding

When are your dividends paid?

Ordinary dividends are normally paid in July and December each year. Preference dividends are payable at the beginning of January and the beginning of July each year.

What is the general timetable relating to your Annual Report and Accounts and Annual General Meeting (AGM)?

Our financial year end is 31 December; preliminary results are normally announced in early March and the AGM held in early May. The Annual Report is usually posted to shareholders in April, while the half-year results and Interim Report are normally published in mid-August.

I hold share certificates for 50p ordinary shares (or Cumulative Convertible Redeemable Preference Shares of 1p each) in the name "BICC plc". Are these valid or do I need to take any action?

Balfour Beatty plc changed its name from "BICC plc" on 10 May 2000. Any such share certificates in the previous name of the Company remain valid and you need take no action.

Do you offer a low cost share dealing service?

Yes. Find out more about our share dealing services.

I have a small number of shares whose value would make it uneconomic to try to sell them. Is there anything that I can do?

If you only have a small number of shares whose value makes it uneconomic to sell them, you may wish to consider donating them to the share donation charity, ShareGift (registered charity no. 1052686), whose work Balfour Beatty supports.

Any shares that you donate to Share Gift will be aggregated, sold when possible, and the proceeds will be donated to a wide range of other UK charities. Since ShareGift was launched, over £17 million has been given to more than 2,000 charities.

The relevant share transfer form may be accessed at For more information on ShareGift, visit

How does your Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) work?

In common with a number of other major listed companies, we introduced a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) for the benefit of shareholders in May 1999.

The DRIP allows holders of ordinary shares to reinvest their cash dividends in the Company's shares through a specially arranged share dealing service. Full details of the DRIP and its charges, together with mandate forms, can be accessed at

Further information, including a dividend mandate form, may be obtained from Link Group.

Do you offer a corporate ISA?


Can I receive shareholder communications electronically?

Yes. You can take control of your shareholding and keep your details up-to-date with the Balfour Beatty Share Portal, created with Link Market Services.

Visit or email

By creating a Share Portal account, you can access the full range of online services, including the ability to:

  • View your holdings and indicative share price and valuation;
  • View movements on your holdings and your dividend payment history;
  • Register a bank mandate to have your dividends paid directly into your bank account;
  • Change your registered address;
  • Sign-up to receive e-communications or access the online proxy voting;
  • Download and print shareholder forms.

I am outside the UK – can I receive dividends in a currency other than sterling?

Shareholders outside the UK may elect to receive dividends paid direct into their overseas bank account, or by currency draft, instead of by way of a cheque drawn in sterling.

For further information, contact the Company’s Registrars, telephone: 0871 664 0300 from the UK. Calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.

If you are outside the UK, please call +44 371 664 0300. Calls outside the UK will be charged at the applicable international rate.

Lines are open between 9.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.

Alternatively, you can log on to and click on the link for International Payment Service.